The Impact 100 consists of:
- Impact companies, meaning companies where positive global impact is an intrinsic and non-negotiable part of the business model.
- High-risk, high-potential ventures that aim to leverage scalable technology to do business and drive positive impact- Businesses with a scalable business model and a proven ability to combine growth with positive global impact.
- Companies that have delivered at least an MVP product to market and/or raised at least seed/series A-funding.
- Impact is defined as driving measurable, positive progress against the 17 sustainable development goals.
- The Impact 100 winners are the companies that the jury believe have the most potential to grow into impact unicorns - companies whose work will positively impact the lives of 1 billion people.